(CBS4) – COVID has made it a difficult year for students across the state. To help, the Denver Scholarship Foundation is extending its application deadline.
The foundation works with Denver Public Schools to ensure students have access to college and scholarships and ensure college success.
CONTINUE READING: 16-year-old suspect arrested in robbery and shot in front of Wing Slingers Restaurant
The students now have until May 1st to submit their scholarship applications. 90% of the people the Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) serves are students of color. DSF guides say they know Covid was tough on students but they are here to help.
“We want them to be able to adopt different strengths, attitudes, and traits that they have as tools to thrive … even in more difficult situations than ever before,” said Nathen Cadena. COO at the Denver Scholarship Foundation.
To receive a DSF scholarship, students must meet the following requirements and complete the application process within one year of graduating from high school:
CONTINUE READING: Investigators looking for 2 women who dropped a seriously injured dog in the Denver Shelter
• Attend a Denver Public Schools (DPS) high school every four consecutive years prior to graduation and take the DPS October Census for every four years.
• Complete a DPS High School with at least 2.0 GPA.
• Evidence of financial need by submitting the FAFSA, CASFA or other grant application as required by the college. New applicants for the 2021-22 academic year must have a Final Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $ 14,615 or less to qualify for the DSF Scholarship.
• Meet college requirements for Colorado residency classification (for tuition or state aid).
• Complete any additional financial assistance requirements set by the college grant office by July 15.
Students who are currently receiving the DSF scholarship must renew their application.
In 2019-20, DSF provided DPS graduates pursuing college education with $ 4.5 million in scholarships.
MORE NEWS: First gentleman Marlon Reis shares the winner of the Pollinator License Plate Design Contest
Further information can be found at: denverscholarship.org.