Medical marijuana is now legal in Colorado, and more and more people are applying for medical marijuana cards. If you want to obtain a Med card in CO, the first step is to find a Colorado med card doctors near you. Med card doctors can help determine whether or not medical marijuana would be an appropriate treatment option for your condition. They will also provide the letter of recommendation that you need to get your Med card from the state of Colorado. In this article we will tell you about some Med Card Doctors near Denver that can help make it easy and simple for you to obtain your Med Card!
Who may legally use medical marijuana in Colorado?
The use of medical marijuana is governed by Colorado’s constitution and statutes. Title 12, Article 43.3 of the Colorado Revised Statutes is known as the “Colorado Medical Marijuana Code.”
If you are a resident of Colorado, you may legally use medical marijuana if:
You’re at least 18 years old, or you have your parent’s permission and a two doctors diagnosis and you are using marijuana as directed by your medical marijuana doctor or on the advice of a physician to treat a “debilitating medical conditions,” which is defined as:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), or
- A chronic or debilitating disease or qualifying medical condition, which causes you to suffer:
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome / severe weight loss)
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures (including those characteristic of epilepsy)
- Persistent muscle spasms (including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis); or
- Any other medical condition approved by the state health agency, including in response to a patient or physician’s petition.
Can people under 18 use medical marijuana?
If you are under the age of 18, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to obtain a medical marijuana card:
- Two mmj doctors have determined that you suffer from a debilitating medical condition.
- One of these medical marijuana doctor has outlined the possible hazards and advantages of medical marijuana use to you and each of your parents who resides in Colorado.
- The mmj doctors have given you the required written documentation by the state of Colorado according to law.
- Your use of medical marijuana has been authorized, in writing, by each of your parents who resides in Colorado.
- Your one parent who resides in Colorado gives written consent to serve as your main care-giver.
- You’ve completed and submitted an application for a medical marijuana evaluations registry identification card on behalf of your parent’s primary caregiver.
- After you’ve completed the registration form, the state health agency issues your registry identification medical marijuana card to the parent you’ve chosen as your primary caregiver.
- Your parents are responsible for keeping track of the amounts you and your primary care-giver parent possess, since it is illegal to have more marijuana than you are entitled to.
- Your main caretaker parent handles the acquisition of marijuana and the quantity and frequency of your usage.
Who can be a primary caregiver?
According to Colorado law, a primary caregiver is defined as the person who has significant responsibility for managing your care and treatment.
You can choose one of your parents or an adult family member over 21 years old to be your main care-giver if he/she lives in Colorado.
If you do not have any related caregivers living with you in Colorado, you can choose another person over the age of 21 as your caregiver. However this must be an individual who is not paid for his/her services and does not have a financial interest in a medical marijuana center or cultivation facility that cultivates more than three times the maximum number of plants allowed by law.
This person cannot also be a physician, nurse or pharmacist employed by a medical marijuana center.
You may choose one of your parents as the caregiver for any minor child who is under 18 years old and living in Colorado. However if you are younger than 12 years old then only those two doctors diagnoses that will treat you with medical marijuana can recommend that it be used.
What is the maximum amount of medical cannabis that I am allowed to have?
According to Colorado medical marijuana law, you can possess up to two ounces of medical marijuana at a time.
You may also grow and/or store no more than six plants in your primary caregiver’s house if he or she is not registered as a patient with the state health agency.
If you have been diagnosed with any other medical conditions, you may be able to possess more medical marijuana than the regular two ounces if your physician recommends it.
Additional restrictions on medical marijuana users
No Colorado medical marijuana patient may:
- Use medical marijuana in a way that endangers the health or well-being of any person.
- Be careful to use marijuana in plain sight of, or in an area open to, the public.
If you are in violation of these standards, your Colorado medical marijuana ID card will be suspended for one year.
Finally, it should be noted that no company is required to accommodate the medical use of marijuana in the workplace.
Where can I buy my medical marijuana?
Medical marijuana is not legally available for purchase in Colorado dispensaries however only those who are registered with state health agency as card holders are allowed to acquire their medicine from these centers.
If anyone of you is interested to know about the Colorado medical marijuana doctor then he/she can visit mmdmedicaldoctors.com/ for more details.
Benefits of the Colorado Med Card
Despite the fact that recreational marijuana is accessible in Colorado, it’s preferable to have a medical marijuana card because:
- As a card-carrying medical marijuana patient, you’ll save money on your taxes.
- Patients may produce a larger number of marijuana plants.
- You’ll be able to buy more cannabis at once.
- Patients using medical cannabis may obtain a greater variety and quality of cannabis.
- Medicinal cannabis is more powerful than recreational strains.
Get The Help You Need Today
If you are over the age of 18 and have a qualifying medical condition, you may be eligible for medical marijuana in Colorado. For more information on medical cannabis, schedule an appointment online today with Medical Marijuana doctors or call (720) 669-8693.
MMD Medical Doctors – Medical Marijuana Red Card Evaluations
450 Lincoln St #104
Denver, CO 80203