LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The judge overseeing the murder trial against Mark Redwine declared another mistrial on Friday. It’s the latest in a string of setbacks in the 2012 death of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine.
During Friday’s pre-trial conference, Judge Jeffrey Wilson said that La Plata County’s COVID metrics have not changed enough to ensure a fair trial since an earlier trial was attempted in October and November 2020.
CONTINUE READING: Police arrest Emmanuel Chandler, a man who allegedly shot and killed witnesses in the Lucas murder trial
The new negotiation date is June 16, a preparatory conference May 14.
CONTINUE READING: Stimulus Check Update: Are Aid Payments Bad For The Economy?
Judge Wilson said he hoped to resume trials in late April.
MORE NEWS: Who is Isabella Guzman, Aurora woman who murdered her mother in 2013?
Redwine is accused of causing the death of his son, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. Dylan had been missing for nearly a year after visiting Thanksgiving with Mark Redwine around Thanksgiving 2012. Remains were found in June 2013 and were bound to Dylan. Redwine was charged with second degree murder and child molestation in 2017.