March 16, 2021

DENVER – The US Attorney’s Office for the Colorado District announced that 33-year-old Ramon Uziel Hernandez-Perez had been killed for his role in the armed robbery of two Denver food companies, including a food truck.

According to the facts in the plea agreement and court documents, on September 26, 2019, Hernandez-Perez robbed a food truck operating in the parking lot of Flea Market 707 on N. Federal Boulevard. Around 7:00 p.m. Hernandez-Perez parked his Ford Mustang in the parking lot. He stepped into the food truck where an employee was working. Hernandez-Perez pointed a black semi-automatic pistol at the woman and demanded money. Fearing for her life, the victim took cash from the till and gave it to Hernandez-Perez. The defendant ordered the victim to go down, pressed the muzzle of the gun to her head, and threatened that if she alerted the police, he would kill her. Hernandez-Perez then fled in his Mustang.

On September 28, 2019, Hernandez-Perez and his co-defendant Juan Carlos Aguirre-Rodriguez robbed a two-woman-run food service business in the parking lot at 5575 North Logan Street in Adams County. The defendants arrived at Hernandez-Perez’s Mustang in the parking lot early that morning. They waited for two female employees to arrive and start building their business. The defendants approached the women with guns drawn and demanded money. One of the victims presented a bag containing the company’s cash. The defendants then got back into the Mustang and fled.

Two days later, Hernandez-Perez’s Mustang was found and searched. Law enforcement found three firearms, including one that matched the description of a weapon used in the robberies. On October 3, 2019, Hernandez-Perez was arrested in Adams County, Colorado. A fully loaded Smith and Wesson .40 caliber pistol was discovered in the waistband of his waistband. Hernandez-Perez is a native of Mexico with no legal status in the United States and is therefore banned from possessing firearms.

“Getting dangerous criminals off the streets is a central part of this bureau’s mission,” said acting United States attorney Matthew T. Kirsch. “Building on the great work of our law enforcement partners, the prosecutors in this office have ensured justice prevails and has made our community safer.”

“The FBI’s Rocky Mountain Safe Road Task Force is committed to combating violent crime in our community,” said Michael Schneider, FBI special agent in charge in Denver. “Today’s verdict closes the trial for Mr. Hernandez-Perez, and we hope that his victims will feel safer knowing that justice has been done. We thank our partners in the US Attorney General’s office in the Adam’s Sheriff’s Office County, in the Denver Police Department, in the Dacono Police Department and Commerce City Police Department. “

On December 2, 2020, Hernandez-Perez pleaded guilty to two Hobbs Robbery Act cases, a case involving a firearm being brandished to promote a violent crime and a case involving a foreigner illegally using a firearm in the United States owned. United States District Court judge Daniel D. Domenico tried Hernandez-Perez in federal court in Denver on March 16, 2021. Co-defendant Juan Carlos Aguirre-Rodriguez previously pleaded guilty to two robbery cases under the Hobbs Act and is currently serving a four and a half year sentence in federal prison.

The investigation into this case was led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force, ICE, United States Immigration and Customs, Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Denver Police Department, Dacono Police Department, and Commerce City carried out police station. U.S. Assistant Attorney Dorothy DiPascali and U.S. Assistant Attorney Emily Treaster were in charge of law enforcement.

Case number: 19-cr-00524-DDD

This news release was prepared by the Colorado District Attorney’s Office. The views expressed here are the author’s own.