DENVER (KDVR) – After Denver PrideFest went online last year, it will be a mix of virtual and personal activities this summer. The event, which typically draws more than 450,000 people to Denver, will look a little different with the COVID-19 restrictions in place.
The Center on Colfax will take place from June 26th to 27th this year. The event includes traditional 5K races (with a twist) and a virtual marketplace, as well as micro-events at “Pride Hubs” across the city.
“We believe it is critical to provide the community with a number of options to safely connect and celebrate PrideFest this year,” said Rex Fuller, CEO of the center. “While some people feel comfortable in small gatherings, others feel more secure staying home. We hope our hybrid approach has something for everyone. ”
Denver has its snowiest winter in 37 years
Runners interested in PrideFest 5K can sign up for either a virtual or in-person experience, which takes place on June 26th at Cheesman Park and features two tee times to encourage social distancing.
Free capacity limited micro-events also take place in a variety of locations in Denver including:
- The Denver Museum of Nature and Science: a family-friendly center with outdoor music, stories and child-oriented stalls. The museum also offers discounted tickets for those who want to explore its current exhibits.
- The center on Colfax: turns its parking lot into a mini-festival with food trucks, exhibitors, a DJ and entertainment on the roof.
- The Jewish Community Center: scheduled for a two-day event, including a pool party on Saturday night with a DJ.
- Uptown bar Pride and boast: presents Smirnoff Dance World.
- The You Film Center: organizes a film-themed activity.
All Pride hubs will follow COVID-19 health guidelines, and additional micro-event locations will be announced at a later date.
PrideFest activities also include a virtual parade featuring a compilation of videos produced by local organizations, businesses and individuals. To take part in the parade, you have until May 7th to submit an online application.
Suggest a correction
Suggest a correction